Define Macbook "Air"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gescom, Jan 14, 2008.

1. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

This is just a thought but could the "Air" part denote some kind of tie to a theremin style control system versus the standard trackpad? This would make some sense to the "Air" part and I thought I read a ways back that they were looking into this type of development.

2. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

3. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

google dude:

4. gescom thread starter macrumors regular

gescom

A theremin can pickup distortions/movements in the air. This type of scenario could enable something close to a Minority Report type of control system. Theremin's are used in music nowadays but are nothing other than proximity sensors.

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Zcam is what you mean. check it out. It does depth perception via a webcam at 60fps. Check the forum search for more talk on alternative methods.

6. gescom thread starter macrumors regular

gescom

That is pretty cool. That would work too. My main point now that I am one of many taking stabs at what is coming is that Air control would make sense to the Advert at Moscone. That said I am also going with the ad could just be something to get a rise out of all of us and throw us off track. :D

7. one1 macrumors 65816

8. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

i read somewhere that they just registered macbookair.com and all the international derivations of it, so how do you explain that? i don't want them to release another macbook line, but i can't see why they'd need macbookair if its just a wireless technology.

9. gescom thread starter macrumors regular

gescom

Fair enough... I think all this wait is gonna leave me dissapointed anyhow since my mind has most likely built up more hype than what is gonna be shown... then again, maybe not! :apple:

10. one1 macrumors 65816

Do you have any clue how many domain names Apple owns? 40% of them just to screw with people trying to guess at what's next.....

11. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Apple is moving into the cellular network provider market. Nothing to do with MacBook design :p