Definite iPad killer revealed

Discussion in 'iPad' started by elvineet, Oct 29, 2010.

1. elvineet macrumors member

2. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

3. numbertwelve macrumors newbie

Interesting. Unless I'm reading it wrong though, no 3G capability?

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

well if it had 3G it would be a nice cheap internet/email/reading device for situations where a $800 iPad is too precious (beach, hiking, kayaking, bike tours).

without 3G sort of useless. i guess the overall quality will be low but $129 sounds interesting. but I'll stay with my iPad for a while.

5. elvineet thread starter macrumors member

Well one of the reviewers said it's got "G3" capability. I guess that's like the Walgreens version of next-gen connectivity :D

6. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

I'd be extremely sceptical of something that cheap until good third-party reviews come out. In the UK Next released a similar cheap tablet and according to the BBC it's a complete disaster.

7. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

I saw one of these tablet's at a computer fair here in Malaysia, Apple's got nothing to worry about :p on the whole the tablet is poorly executed being slow and not overly responsive, it's ok for the price, however not in the same league as the iPad.

Q-6

8. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

You're missing the point.

When you buy this, it comes with a special prescription filled at Walgreens. Within 20 minutes of ingesting the "tablet experience enhancer pill*", that Maylong tablet seems incredibly responsive, runs applications you can't even imagine, distorts space and time, enables you to read minds and get a glimpse at the huge conspiracy "THEY" are trying to pull over on us. Sure, the spec's read 800x480 resolution, but once medicated it seems like 8000 x 4800.

* Do not operate heavy machinery while under the influence of the Walgreen Tablet Experience Enhancer.
    * Side-effects may include blurred vision, a ringing in the ears, and drooling
    * If you don't buy one of these tablets, "THEY" will come to your house and do things with your toothbrush. You have been warned.
    * After 2-3 weeks using the Walgreen Tablet Experience Enhancer medication, most users find that they longer require a hardware device, any flat surface will do. The only limit is your imagination(tm).
    * If you find yourself playing Angry Birds for more than 4 hours, consult a physician immediately. This is a dangerous condition and requires immediate medical treatment.
    * Do not taunt the Walgreens Happy Fun Tablet.

9. jjayasekar macrumors newbie

10. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

honestly i see devices like this selling pretty well. Mom's or grand mom's that don't know much about technology, goes into Walmart, or Walgreens might wanna pick up a little internet surfing device for them or their grandson would likely pick this up. Infact, some of these cheap 99 dollar ones, i thought about picking up for my mother.. but then i realized i love her. And i couldn't subject her to this lmao

11. 7thMac macrumors 6502

It may look like a bargain but I doubt that this will be a runaway success.

12. drews macrumors newbie

A friend of mine brought one in to work a couple of days ago... It's got a good set of features but it's sluggish and it feels extremely cheap. The screen quality is also very poor. I could see myself buying one as an Android development test device but no one is going to be happy with this thing if they've used a iPad for even a couple of minutes..

13. tnick777 macrumors regular

tnick777

14. elvineet thread starter macrumors member

The thing is you're absolutely spot on. When I run into someone who's been fallen for this kind of thing out of good intentions but lack of any expertise, I feel sorry for them. This is the kind of crap you're supposed to get for free after listening to some timeshare scam.

15. vant macrumors 65816

16. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

something like this would be great for basic net surfing around the home, say kitchen or bathroom. Give it another year and you'll see more devices like this for well under a hundred. The good thing about walgreens selling this is it will force cheaper similar products to come out. Its no ipad killer but its not completely worthless either.

17. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I enjoyed the most the following review of this tablet:

EXELENT
    October 26, 2010
    Pros: exelent 5 stars
    I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO EVERYONE IS THE MOST BETTER THING!! YOU WANT A IPAD, GO TO WALGREENS.COM AND BUY THE GOOGLE ANDROID TABLET OF MAYLONG. EXELENT PRODUCT.

Probably written by someone who is actually involved in that device's manufacturing process. :)

18. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

It only costs $159. If it had the same touch screen technology as the iPad, it would sell more much more. Duh!

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I got one. Was only a $5 co-pay on insurance. :D

20. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Walgreens. Your neighborhood tech supplier.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This thing isn't fit to wipe my ass with.

22. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

23. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

maybe not for the avg person here but for older people or people that cant or wont spend the cost of an ipad, this is perfect for them.

24. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

So you'd use the iPad to wipe your ass?

25. IamHermann0069 macrumors member

IamHermann0069

There's an app for that... LMAO

But seriously? THIS is the iPad killer? You have got to be kidding me. As much as I trust Wallgreens to put out the best in technology (can't even type that with a straight face) I just do not understand how this is an iPad killer. People.... There is a reason it is only a hundred dollars.

That would be like saying Payless put out a pair of shoes that are Nike killers.

or...

A steak from Applebee's is a Smith and Wollinski steakhouse killer.

If you are looking for a cheaper yet vastly INFERIOR product, this is perfect, but in no way will it ever begin to compete with the iPad. It should not even be compared to it.