Definite opinions for Monday

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raymondu999, Jun 5, 2008.

?

How likely will there be an update?

1. Very likely

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Likely

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. Unlikely

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  4. Very unlikely

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hey guys. I know that most people would probably reply, get it now if you need it, wait if you don't. But I want a definite opinion. Do you think that there will, or there won't be an update to our beloved MacBook Pros on Monday? I mean, it IS WWDC... It's not that often that WWDC is used as the platform for unveiling products.

2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I don't think so. Montevina was delayed until July...

3. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

I think not, and not just because of the recent Montevina delay.

The first rumors of a new MacBook Pro and MacBook form factor came from AppleInsider almost two months ago (April 7th). Since then, we have heard nothing. No hints of a new form factor at the supplier. No grainy cell-phone "sneak peaks" of a case. No mysterious orders placed or shipped. No sudden super sales to clear out current stock. Even AppleInsider's article said it was more likely to happen in Q3 since the new mobile 45nm Penryns have been running late due to a slower-than-planned ramp of the fabrication facilities.

So we now have a new rumor of new MacBooks coming in late August, which leads me to believe new MacBook Pros will come a week or two before that. I wish I could wait, but I can't, so I've committed to the current MBP line.

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Apple is moving old inventory of MacBooks, MacBook Pros, and iPod Touches with the deal they've got going now until Sept. 15.

After that, we should see the new MacBooks and MacBook Pros...

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Unlikely, but knowing (or not knowing) Apple, they put out stuff at the most surprising times.

If they update on Monday, I guess it's a good thing since I can just do another swap for a new machine... :D

6. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Montevina was delayed because of issues with the wireless card and integrated graphics chip. MBPs use neither of them from Intel.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well let's hope for the best then!

8. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

True, but that does not guarantee Intel is shipping the GL40, GS45, GM45, GM47 or PM45 Northbridge and ICH-9 Southbridge chipsets a Monetvina platform MBP will need, anyway. Plus the new mobile Penryns are in short supply due to production constraints.

9. wakeborder556 macrumors regular

I really feel a little on the doubtful side but i am hopeful!