definite update?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gimmeiphone, Apr 22, 2008.

1. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

are the macbooks definitley going to be updated in the next few months? i read that the screens will be like the mba and a lot brighter, i bought a macbook yesterday on finance but havnt opened it yet and am going to take it back today, i dont like owing money out so im just going to save up for one and hopefully theyl be updated because the main reason im taking it back is because the screens are so bad. what makes everyone think thers going to be an update?

2. thesdx macrumors 6502a

Well, there have been rumors of new aluminum MacBooks with Multi-touch and a completely new design. All other Macs and iPods have gone aluminum, so the MacBook will definitely get it too. However, these probably won't see the light of day until later this year. The MacBooks have just been updated with Penryn, so if I were you, I wouldn't take it back.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

there are lots of reasons to think an update to the macbook line is coming, including the fact that apple's laptops are typically updated twice a year. also, intel's cpu road map points to new processors this june, and apple is never too far in implementing the latest cpu tech (with the macbook pros anyway).

i read your other thread, and i'm glad you decided to wait it out until you can more easily afford a macbook. i'm sure the wait will be worth it (and you'll be less cash strapped).

4. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah im totally broke lol i suppose this way il get a better deal, aslong as they dont hike the price of the updated models lol id rather wait for a brighter bigger screen and a case that wont crack lol

5. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

On topic: I'd be sad if Macbooks went aluminum. I kinda liked the black and white ones. =( Also it'd certainly make macs look more uniform, and lessen the choice for people who don't like aluminum casing, regardless of the updated specs.