Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applehappy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
I have seen another post on this but it was not getting anywhere. Please chime in if you are experiencing speaker problems.

No, mine is not obstructed, or muted...and the volume is all the way up. EVERYTHING, including ringtones, is barely audible.

Any suggestions? Thanks...

VCD20

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2007
DFW Metroplex
The earpiece speaker not the internal speaker.

Holding the iphone up to your ear, mine is very low all the way up. I could never get a loud enough incoming volume on all of my calls, I have to use the internal speaker. I can hear so it is not broken just very low volume.

MARA50

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2007
I have seen another post on this but it was not getting anywhere. Please chime in if you are experiencing speaker problems.

No, mine is not obstructed, or muted...and the volume is all the way up. EVERYTHING, including ringtones, is barely audible.

Any suggestions? Thanks...

My speaker is really low sometimes, then sometimes it seems ok. There are no volume settings for the "earpiece" just the ringer. This seems strange. The speaker feature is not help, it is too quiet. Quite the opposite of any cell phone I have ever used. Does anyone have any suggestions?

teva28205

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
Me too....speaker issue

My iPhone has worked great for the first week, than today the speaker just cut the volume in half. I can't hear my phone ring, the songs or videos don't work unless I use the earbuds. This is very frustrating. I guess I will head to the Apple store tomorrow.:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.