definitive book/website on address book and ical?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Keebler, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

Hi folks,

I know that some ppl may want to slay me for posting this message b/c i maybe didn't google it enough, but i'm going to be honest - why do an endless search which may result in some good info when maybe I can post and have ppl with real experiences shed the light?

so here goes, I've owned macs for over 4 years now and believe it or not, i used them for pure horsepower stuff only....never used ical or address book or mail. i used my pc for that stuff. i think i've made sense of mail, but i'm wondering if there is a great website or fantastic book on address book and ical?

I ask b/c i used ACT for my contact management and it had alot of features...some of which i didn't use.

but, now i shed the pc world and bought a refurb'd 24" iMac so i'd like to use ical and address book. I'm having issues adding fields to address book (nothing too crazy btw) so instead of asking a bunch of questions over time, I thought maybe a good site or book would help me get started properly.

any thoughts/suggestions would be great.

Cheers,
    Keebler

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

There should be an Add Field menu item in the Card menu... Sorry mate, not sure of any good iCal or Address Book unofficial manuals or guides. O'Reilly's Missing Manual is meant to be quite good for basic OSX stuff though...

3. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

thanks MJ. i'll see if the library has it. i figured out a few aspects of Address book last night. just trying to maximize my efforts :)

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Fantastic work. General use plus tapping into MacRumors every now and then is a pretty good way of quickly finding stuff out. This site is also pretty damn good.