Deft Detour 360 - Rotating Case - Auto Sleep/Wake

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Kanomale, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Kanomale macrumors newbie

2. nitas macrumors newbie

I was looking for a case with a vertical stand. I think I will give it a try, I will let you know how it is.

3. Kanomale thread starter macrumors newbie

I have seen cases like that with the tapered back. It doesn't look as sturdy as the flat back. Do you have any problem with wobble?

4. Shooter McGee macrumors newbie

5. DeftScott macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I work for Deft and found this thread in Google. Thank you for the interest and the nice video Shooter. I am not sure about the ediquette for a rep to be posting in the forums, but if there are any questions I can answer, I will subscribe to this thread and do my best to help.

I would also like to include a coupon code for MR readers, if you buy from Amazon, you can use the coupon code MACRUMOR to save 10% through August.

Thanks again for the interest.

Scott Bertoni
    Deft Devicewear
    www.devicewear.com

P.S. Nitas, is you private message me your order number, I will refund the 10% to you.

6. nitas macrumors newbie

I have received my case today and I agree with most of what Shooter said. It is a little tough getting the iPad in the case, but I don't plan to do a lot of removing and reinstalling. But after figuring it out it isn't hard to do if you install/uninstall at the corners. The material is very nice and there is no noticeable smell like Shooter said. It was thinner than I thought it would be, but still feels well protected. If you want any pictures or anything like that, I will be glad to take them.

7. gorder, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011

gorder macrumors newbie

8. austingirl macrumors newbie

I bought this case based on the ipadaccessories review. I have to have I am really pleased. This is my 4th case between my ipad and ipad 2 and it is my favorite so far.

9. troymac macrumors newbie

Hey everybody,

I am new here and very interested in the Deft Detour Case.

After the case is in daily use a while, are you all still satisfied with the case? Could you tell me if the case is a real leather case?

I have a question for everybody and especially for the user Deftscott:

As i live in Germany, amazon.com does not ship the case to Europe!

Is there a possibility to order straight from Deft Detour or from ebay or any other site?

If you are selling through ebay, to you ship to Germany, Berlin and if so, please give me a link to it.

thank you for the help

10. haki macrumors newbie

Same situation for me, here in Austria. Funny thing, only a site search on their homepage reveals that they indeed offer international shipping. Here is the link: http://www.devicewear.com/international-orders/

Just ordered the case :)

11. mwjd299 macrumors regular

How deep are the grooves? Does the ipad stay in them and not slip out during normal use? I have a Targus Vuscape and it's an annoying problem. I have clips on either end to prevent it from slipping. Am looking for a rotating case though.

12. Jasonastacio macrumors newbie

Has anyone received this case? I was just wondering if it met expectations.

13. mwjd299 macrumors regular

I bought this case and just received it a couple of days ago. It is everything thing I expected. Very solid construction. Deft is now offering a white version as well as the black. It is not really white, but a cream color similar to the white border iPad. The rotating function works well and is nice for Apps that require the portrait view, such as pinball games. I have not had any problems with the sleep/wake function. Some reviewers on Amazons site said they've had problems. Overall I am satisfied with it.
    Amazon had a partner offering the case at a better price and I ordered from them. What I received was a cheap substitute with no sleep/wake function and was not packaged in a Deft carton. DO NOT order from anyone but Amazon as there are now warnings about vendors sending counterfeit cases. I returned the case and got a refund. Lesson learned.

14. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Any chance we could get that coupon extended for christmas shopping? :)

15. mwjd299 macrumors regular

In a video review by Metagamer they give a code to use for the same 10% discount. It is METAGAME. I used it last week and it worked. Give it at try.