Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

romanof

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2020
Texas
Anybody noticing problems with Safari (15.1)? Browser has always been a solid use it and forget it app, but the latest version is Win98 like.

Freezing, requiring a red button close and restart. Not frozen as in needing force close.
Search for a topic, click on the website, and every click from then on takes you to the original pick.
Clicking on a link brings up the dictionary for the word under the cursor rather than the website.
Halfway through filling out a webform, the entry boxes suddenly become inactive.
etc.

All of the above are not solid bugs. Just happen now and then and I would have assumed a corrupted app on my M1 mini, except it does the same things on my 2017 Air, just not as often.

??

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Nope.

2. What OS versions are the devices running?
3. Any trouble with other applications?
4. Do the console error logs say anything?

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
All good here.

Are you using the same keyboard when experimenting with the two computers? Sounds like some modifier key is stuck down.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
I've been experiencing the first & the fourth issue, but not 2 & 3. And as you said, they are random.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.