Defying Gravity - Anybody Else Watching It?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ucfgrad93, Sep 2, 2009.

1. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My wife and I are watching this series. We like it. What are your thoughts.

2. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

I have. I really like that show. Very exciting

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I noticed the first few episodes on itunes were free do I downloaded it and watched two of them. It has potential, though it seems like it already has a few cliches and of course all of the astronauts look and act more like fashion models.

I get the feeling there is an element of "2001: A space odyessy" in it which is interesting. They worked in politics to it as well, as it appears abortion is illegal in the future.

4. ~Fiona~ macrumors newbie

I think I've watched every episode thus far

Regarding the most recent episode, "Fear", I don't know that I thought of their hallucinations so much as "fears" as they seemed to be issues related to past guilt's, trespasses. Most have already been revealed and so far the only one who seems guilt free is the dorky guy (I don't know his name, but he's always seeming to putting Paula down and last episode before "fear" his klutziness lobbed off Paula's thumb.

The revelation I found most interesting in the "fear" episode was Nadia's hallucination; hers appeared to be a male version of herself. Since the hallucinations seem to be specifically relevant to each person having them and given Nadia's preoccupation with sexual exploits, I wonder if she is compensating for her insecurities through sexual conquests. I also wonder (based on the appearance of her hallucination) if she may be a post-op transsexual.

5. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk