Degrading Battery Capacity on 13inch 2015 RMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by salvator, Nov 13, 2015.

1. salvator macrumors regular

Hey guys so my 13inch 2015 RMBP is just 5months old and the battery has 41 cycles to it but it only retains 96% of its capacity and when compared to coconut battery chart, it shows that the battery is below average.

Is this normal or should I be worried?

Attached Files:

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Probably not they do drift up and down and there is no real entirely accurate way of measuring them.

If you feel it's not lasting as long as it should take it to apple and get them to check the battery if it's lasting as it usually does then I'd not worry about it.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

I think you should get rid of coconut battery and any other monitoring software.

All they do is make you obsess over something you have absolutely no control over, taking away from the enjoyment of your machine.

Battery health fluctuates constantly, due to temperature, charging state and a whole lot of other variables. Take it with a grain of salt.

TL;DR, everything's fine, delete coconut battery.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

This right here.

Just use the computer. If the battery drops below 80%, it'll give you a warning and you can take it in to Apple.

5. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

Those things are inaccurate, don't worry. Mine came with 105%, then dropped to 98%, then back to 103%. Count the hours, not the percentage.

6. joe-h2o macrumors 6502a

It is entirely an estimate, as others have said, and it often goes up as well as down. What matters is the long term trend, which you won't see for at least a year of use.

Ignore the readings and just use your computer.

7. kleineroscar macrumors newbie

kleineroscar

Have the same macbook, 151 load cycles in and 97,1%. But it was fluctuating quite a bit, i remember it was down to like 93% or whatever one time