Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thekayman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Hi guys,

Since activating message relay between my iPhone and Mac I noticed that regular SMS messages (not iMessages) are arriving with considerable delay, some as late as 30' after being sent!

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix or is it just Apple being in over their heads in this?

(I meanwhile deactivated the message relay and things are back to normal)

Thanks!

schmidt65

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Hi guys,

Since activating message relay between my iPhone and Mac I noticed that regular SMS messages (not iMessages) are arriving with considerable delay, some as late as 30' after being sent!

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix or is it just Apple being in over their heads in this?

(I meanwhile deactivated the message relay and things are back to normal)

Thanks!

I noticed something similar - the SMS (text message) relayed instantly to my iPad, but took 20 minutes to appear on my iPhone! Absolutely no idea how that happened being as it must have arrived to the iPhone first to get relayed to the iPad. Very odd.

thekayman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
in my case the delay is the same on both iphone and mac

which is plain stupid since many of these text messages require instant reaction

thekayman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
an update on this issue: I kept signing out of all devices, signing back in a few times, same problem...

as of today, the delay seems to be gone. messages of all kinds are coming in instantly

guess it took apple servers a while to catch up with the load

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.