iPad Pro Delay in Safari - Help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Newtons Apple, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Newtons Apple, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016

Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

When using my iPad Pro 12.9 on this site and others, I notice a like 10-15 second delay. For instance when opening any thread when I click on it, the progress bar at the top of the screen moved about 1" and then stops for 10-15 seconds before continuing to the right side.

I also have a 9.7" iPad Pro and it only hesitates less than 1-2 seconds at the one inch and them completes quickly. Both are on the same network. When I do a speed test I am getting 90mbps download and about 12mbps upload. I have restarted both the X1 router and iPad multiple times. I have also removed and re initialized my connection to my wireless router. My desktop and laptop have no such hesitation.

What could be causing my iPad Pro 12.9 to be balking?

2. Michael Goff macrumors G5

Michael Goff

No clue, but have you tried resetting the settings?

3. rshrugged macrumors 6502a

4. Newtons Apple, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016

Newtons Apple thread starter macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

For a second I thought that was it but the delay is still there with ad blocker turned off!

5. LCPepper macrumors 6502

LCPepper

6. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

I see the same thing, it's only on macrumors. To be clear, the page apparently fully loads in a second or two, but then seems to continue loading ads or something else in the background for another 10 secs. If you hit the "x", it stops, with no negative consequences that I can see. MR is a redirect ad fest.