Delay of 8 to 10 seconds when loading / launching an App

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mike91788, Apr 7, 2011.

1. mike91788 macrumors newbie

I am having an issue with the initial loading of apps taking 8 to 10 seconds to start. The apps splash screen appears immediately and my phone overall is very responsive. Once I load the app and it is in the background, re-loading it is very fast... but if I kill the app or reboot the phone, the first time load is painfully slow.

I started noticing this while my phone was running a Jailbroken 4.2.1 (iPhone4). I was really hoping that when JB 4.3.1 came out that re-jailbreaking my phone would correct this issue, but it has not. I realize now that there must be some app or Cydia tweak that is not compatible, but I have removed all Cydia tweaks/apps other than those that a friend of mine is running without any issues... but still the problem persists. So now I am wondering if I have carried over some for of corruption.

While I have not done a complete from scratch rebuild, I have done a IOS reload and restored my iTunes app using the iTunes restore.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If so, were you able to resolve it?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

You have done some research and didnt figure it out, this would be one of those places where i would cut losses and restore as new.

3. GabooN macrumors regular

I just jailbreak'd my phone tonight. While I was waiting for it to finish I was looking online at various things. I remember reading something along these lines during a search, and the guy said you had to delete the 'default.png' files from within the app folders or something..

I will try searching to see if it comes up.