Delay startup apps at login?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pooprscooper, Nov 15, 2008.

1. pooprscooper macrumors regular

I am looking for a way to delay the startup of the items in my "Login Items" and Startup items/LaunchDaemons.
    I have Lingon which helps to easily manage startup but there isn't any option to delay the startup of the app.

Is there any settings in OSX or a 3rd party app that can achieve this?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Delay? Why trouble yourself with this? Just delete it from the Login items menu and launch it when you need it.

3. pooprscooper thread starter macrumors regular

Because I need these apps to load at startup, but I am impatient when I need to turn it on and use something real quick. I'd like to let these apps load after OSX core services have finished loading allowing me to use the laptop while the delayed apps load in the background.

4. pooprscooper thread starter macrumors regular

5. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Don't shut down.

6. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

I do something similar, I run a script at startup to connect to an 802.1x secured network, as it takes a couple of seconds I needed to delay the startup of iChat and Mail.

To do this I created an Automator script, you should be able to create a script with a "Pause" and then several "Launch Application". Only thing is the applications are not hidden when launched though there should be ways of doing this as well.

Here is what I use, you can ignore the Applescript at the top.

Attached Files: