delay when opening contacts

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
When I open up my contacts app on my jailbroken iphone 4 it takes a good 5 seconds before I see anything but a white screen (this is with contacts not in the multitask bar or whatever that thing is called when you double-tap the home button). I noticed a similar delay when I open up GroceryIQ (also get a white screen). I'm not sure what is causing this lag but it's annoying to say the least.

Can a few of you please try opening up contacts on your jailbroken iphone 4's and let me know if you have this same problem? Make sure that you open the actual contacts app and not the phone app. Also, make sure that Contacts isn't currently listed in the multitask bar.

If you have this same problem, please list the jb apps you have installed so we can see if we have anything in common that could be causing the lag.

impulse462

macrumors 68000
Jun 3, 2009
Well I just tried what you said and my contacts show up in less than a second

How about listing your installed apps so we can tell? Do you have winterboard installed?

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Nope - no winterboard for me. I have lockinfo, sbsettings, appbackup, gvmobile, ifile, irealsms (most recent beta), mywi, pkgbackup, rock, mobileterminal, and 3g unrestrictor. There are some other things as well like activator which is installed with lockinfo but the apps listed are the only ones that have icons. I have a feeling the issue is either activator or sbsettings but I want to see what other people with the same problem have installed as well before I start removing apps.

ROCKERDAN

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
Nope - no winterboard for me. I have lockinfo, sbsettings, appbackup, gvmobile, ifile, irealsms (most recent beta), mywi, pkgbackup, rock, mobileterminal, and 3g unrestrictor. There are some other things as well like activator which is installed with lockinfo but the apps listed are the only ones that have icons. I have a feeling the issue is either activator or sbsettings but I want to see what other people with the same problem have installed as well before I start removing apps.
No problems here.....I have activator and SBsettings,along with winterboard,openssh ,shrink,ifinidock,lockinfo,tonefx,notifier(reminder),Make it mine,iBlank.

my contacts open instantly no prob

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Mine opens up right away.

I've got 3G unrestrictor, SBsettings, Activator, iProtect, LockInfo, Shrink, Five-Column Springboard, Infinidock, QuickReply. Nothing installed through Rock.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Damn, really? Are you shutting it down in the multitask bar first and then trying to open it? If I have it in the multitask bar it opens instantly but there's a huge lag if it's not already in there.

Maybe it's Rock.

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2010
Mine definitely opens faster when it's in the multi taskbar. It's a bit slower when its not. Maybe like 2 seconds max. I have sbsetting, 3g Unrestrictor, 5 icon dock and shrink.