delay when opening contacts

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by psywzrd, Aug 9, 2010.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

When I open up my contacts app on my jailbroken iphone 4 it takes a good 5 seconds before I see anything but a white screen (this is with contacts not in the multitask bar or whatever that thing is called when you double-tap the home button). I noticed a similar delay when I open up GroceryIQ (also get a white screen). I'm not sure what is causing this lag but it's annoying to say the least.

Can a few of you please try opening up contacts on your jailbroken iphone 4's and let me know if you have this same problem? Make sure that you open the actual contacts app and not the phone app. Also, make sure that Contacts isn't currently listed in the multitask bar.

If you have this same problem, please list the jb apps you have installed so we can see if we have anything in common that could be causing the lag.

2. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Well I just tried what you said and my contacts show up in less than a second

How about listing your installed apps so we can tell? Do you have winterboard installed?

3. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Nope - no winterboard for me. I have lockinfo, sbsettings, appbackup, gvmobile, ifile, irealsms (most recent beta), mywi, pkgbackup, rock, mobileterminal, and 3g unrestrictor. There are some other things as well like activator which is installed with lockinfo but the apps listed are the only ones that have icons. I have a feeling the issue is either activator or sbsettings but I want to see what other people with the same problem have installed as well before I start removing apps.

4. ROCKERDAN macrumors regular

No problems here.....I have activator and SBsettings,along with winterboard,openssh ,shrink,ifinidock,lockinfo,tonefx,notifier(reminder),Make it mine,iBlank.

my contacts open instantly no prob

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Mine opens up right away.

I've got 3G unrestrictor, SBsettings, Activator, iProtect, LockInfo, Shrink, Five-Column Springboard, Infinidock, QuickReply. Nothing installed through Rock.

6. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Damn, really? Are you shutting it down in the multitask bar first and then trying to open it? If I have it in the multitask bar it opens instantly but there's a huge lag if it's not already in there.

Maybe it's Rock.

7. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

Mine definitely opens faster when it's in the multi taskbar. It's a bit slower when its not. Maybe like 2 seconds max. I have sbsetting, 3g Unrestrictor, 5 icon dock and shrink.