Delay with Exchange Push Email on Mac -- Does Exchange suck on a Mac?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Bonfire, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Bonfire, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011

Bonfire macrumors member

Hey guys,

I'm trying out a few different Exchange providers for my business. So far, I've tried Sherweb and Rackspace hosted Exchange in order to find out which works better for me.

My question has to do with the Exchange experience on a Mac. I've sent about 100 test emails to my Exchange account (using both providers) and in both of those cases, my Exchange email did not get "pushed" to the mail client instantly as it should have. This happened in BOTH Outlook 2011 and Mac Mail with both separate companies.

I've spoken with tech support for both of those companies, and both of them said that it's because of the Mac, and if I had a PC, the push would be instant to the mail clients. Is this true?

I have a MobileMe account as well, and the push works fantastic as expected, but I can't use my own custom domain with MobileMe, so that's why I'm looking at Exchange. I'm just wondering if Exchange and the Mac are just not fully friends yet. Maybe Lion will solve this?

2. hqasem macrumors newbie

Use Google Apps for Business instead!

I have the same experience.

It is ironic how Exchange can "Push" mail to my iPhone, but not to Apple Mail (Lion).

I know this doesn't answer your question, but did you consider going the Google route for your email?

http://www.google.com/a

Even Google Apps for free supports Push mail to Apple Mail, but has a (current) limit of 10-free users.

-hq