Delayed Activation by AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NYCTexan, Jun 19, 2009.

1. NYCTexan macrumors newbie

Hubby just got his new 3GS.... everything went swimmingly until we received notice that AT&T may take up to 48 hours to activate! Anyone else have this occur?

We CANNOT wait until we can switch to Verizon.....

:mad:

2. bossxii macrumors 68000

This your first iPhone with ATT on launch day?

Servers will be overwhelmed or slow all day if your activating a new phone. If your upgrading from an old iPhone, put the old sim card in, done.

It will probably activate later today or tonight after things calm down.

3. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

I just swapped sims with my 2G it said activation overwhelmed. Unplugged my phone and boom activated.

4. diabolic macrumors 68000

I think I got that notice last year. It was still activated within 15 minutes.

You'll be waiting a long time for Verizon, and activation won't go any faster on another carrier. They say 48 hours in case they have problems with the number of activations like they did with the 2G iPhone.

5. mathewr macrumors 6502

some people have said use current sim others have said use new sim. what should i do? my phone is on the fedex truck. and since my original iphone isnt working i need a phone.

6. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

Seriously. What should I do? I have been waiting 1.5 hours, but the phone works fine if I put in my old SIM. But the lady on the phone with AT&T told me not to use the old SIM.

7. mathewr macrumors 6502

thanks ill use the new sim and pray. good luck with urs

8. NYCTexan thread starter macrumors newbie

Ain't my first rodeo.....

No, this ain't my first rodeo... we had each previous version on their respective launch days... with no activation problems...

It's ridiculous that I have to swap out the SIM cards.....for as long as AT&T has been in partnership with Apple over this device, you would think they would be better prepared, that the kinks would've been worked out (late summer for MMS, anyone?)... but, Nooooo.... it's always something with them, EVERY launch day....

And the reason we are looking forward to switching carriers is AT&T's reception is CRAP here in Manhattan, constant dropped calls, poor connectivity, etc.

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

Really? The AT&T's network doesn't work for crap for you, but you just signed another two-year agreement with them? :eek:

10. NYCTexan thread starter macrumors newbie

Ummm.. yeah...

Because we love the phone.....

And we know the exclusive contract's gotta end one day.....

<sigh>