Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Today was my scheduled delivery.
Unfortunately I just got the email that my Studio is delayed. Hasn't even shipped yet.
Looks to be an extra 3-4 weeks. AGGGHHH.
Let me guess:

You ordered an M1 Max, 64 GB RAM, 32 core GPU, 2 TB SSD on March 8 or 9, and Apple waited until the first day of your April 7 - April 14 delivery window to tell you it was going to be delayed by at least 3 weeks.

I can understand delays, but I can't understand not telling us a lot sooner.

F-Train

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2015
NYC & Newfoundland
Let me guess:

You ordered an M1 Max, 64 GB RAM, 32 core GPU, 2 TB SSD on March 8 or 9, and Apple waited until the first day of your April 7 - April 14 delivery window to tell you it was going to be delayed by at least 3 weeks.

I can understand delays, but I can't understand not telling us a lot sooner.

That's the configuration is what I ordered last Friday, April 1st. What's the reason for the delays? Memory?

For me, delivery to New York is June 27-July 11.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
That's the configuration is what I ordered last Friday, April 1st. What's the reason for the delays? Memory?

For me, delivery to New York is June 27-July 11.
Seems like M1 Max 64GB 1TB machines haven't had a delay, but a bunch of us just got notified today that the the 64GB 2TB combo is suddenly delayed by 3 weeks instead of coming today.

Your delivery window looks like it may be accurate. It seems like at some point around March 13 (from posts on Reddit) Apple figured out these specific machines were getting pushed back, but they never informed a lot of us who had already ordered.

Reactions: F-Train

FredT2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2009
Seems like M1 Max 64GB 1TB machines haven't had a delay, but a bunch of us just got notified today that the the 64GB 2TB combo is suddenly delayed by 3 weeks instead of coming today.

Your delivery window looks like it may be accurate. It seems like at some point around March 13 (from posts on Reddit) Apple figured out these specific machines were getting pushed back, but they never informed a lot of us who had already ordered.
Actual no. I ordered two on March 9, identical configuration: 64GB memory, 32 GPU cores, and 4 TB SSD. Both started at April 7-14 delivery window, one arrived on Monday the 4th, the other has been delayed. They were on separate orders placed 10 minutes apart. The second order the one that was already delivered.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
The second order the one that was already delivered.
I’m sure there must be some logic to the order fulfillment, but as an outsider it sure seems there’s no rhyme or reason to it sometimes.

bcraig3

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
I was in the same situation, but tonight my status changed from processing to preparing to ship. Hoping that things are back on track. ???

Reactions: StudioMacs

joker00

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2011
well apple did it to me again... 24 hours after getting notice of a 3 week delay, I got a notice from UPS that it's going to deliver on Monday!!!! Talk about an emotional rollercoaster

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Apple updated the order detail page on the store to show April 21 delivery, but UPS says Monday, April 11. Pretty strange, but no complaints (except for the slight bit of anxiety I had yesterday).

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021
Apple updated the order detail page on the store to show April 21 delivery, but UPS says Monday, April 11. Pretty strange, but no complaints (except for the slight bit of anxiety I had yesterday).
Mine said the very same thing. Interesting if this will hold

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Mine said the very same thing. Interesting if this will hold
Mine's currently in Hong Kong, where some people have been reporting delays of several days, so I guess it depends how soon it moves on.

Goodrich

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2021
If you need more than the standard amount of memory, the ship date seems to shift right by months.

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021
If you need more than the standard amount of memory, the ship date seems to shift right by months.
Maybe you’re right but I also got a Macs Studio with additional memory and though it was extended by over a month and a half I got notification that it would be sent to me within a week of ordering. People might get lucky. Initial arrival day between May 23 tthough May 30th, now it already shipped and should arrive between April 11 or the 21st.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.