Delayed for Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bob616, Sep 7, 2011.

1. bob616 macrumors 6502

*This is if the iPhone 5 is getting LTE

I've been hearing some rumors of the iPhone 5 being delayed so that AT&T can roll out there LTE network and be more competitive to Verizon; however what I think is that the iPhone 5 was delayed so that Apple could add LTE in it. No matter what the iPhone 5 is getting HSPA+, the issue with that is Verizon doesn't use HSPA+. So AT&T would be advertising the iPhone 5 as being a "4G" phone on their network while Verizon still has only a 3G phone. So what I think is the phone may have been delayed because Verizon request LTE be in it. Granted this is not the only reason, Apple probably felt the need to redo the case because of the whole antennagate issue and wanted to maximize the profit of the iPhone 4.

This is could tie into Sprint getting it and why everyone won't be jumping ship to sprint, for the cheaper plans, to get the iPhone. If you get the iPhone on Spring all you will get is a CDMA 3G phone while Verizon has a LTE phone and AT&T has an HSPA+ phone for now and LTE in the near future.

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

There won't be a LTE chip in it for no matter what reason if the battery life will change dramatically.

3. bob616 thread starter macrumors 6502

I read that Motorola built a custom LTE chip for the Droid Bionic that allowed it to get 10 hours of moderate usage. If Motorola can do it then so can Apple. Apple has been installing LTE into there stores and with the supposedly redesigned case of the iPhone 5 there could be room for a bigger antenna and battery.

4. PDFierro macrumors 68040

But Apple only wants to make things thinner, so I don't think it's possible yet.