Delayed Leopard and ADC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stoid, Apr 12, 2007.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I was going to wait until Leopard came out this summer to get into Apple's Student Developer Program. However, I won't be in enrolled after this summer, and so I wouldn't be able to get the student discount. If I just went ahead and joined ADC now, would I get Leopard for free in October (or whenever as long as it is within the year subscription)? If so, that would be great, and I could go ahead and get ADC right away and start getting the benefits immediately.

2. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

I'll ask this another way. Those of you that were already ADC members when Tiger came out, did you get a copy for free?

3. finger11 macrumors member

stoid,

I'm in the same boat and searching through some threads here seem to indicate that if Leopard comes out during your ADC membership, you will receive it.

I just emailed ADC about this and this is their official reply, doesn't really tell you either way:
    'Student Members receive the current version of Mac OS X and Xcode via mail along with download access to the latest Xcode updates.

We have not made any further announcements regarding Mac OS X. Please stay tuned to the ADC website and ADC News for any future announcements.'

Hehe, pretty non-committal.