Delayed sms with bite?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by twezzyfbaby, Apr 14, 2011.

1. twezzyfbaby macrumors regular

twezzyfbaby

I have jb'd ip4 on 4.2.1 with att and i just wanted to know if anybody eles has a problem with bite? I receive my sms like 2 or 3 mins later then what there were sent out. It happens daily but not all the time i have the legit version not hacked version by the way. I just wanted to know if it was bite or att? And if anybody eles has this problem..

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

you mean later then the time stamp says?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its a carrier/network issue.
    My bitesms texts arrive within seconds. Im on 4.3.1 with 5.2 bitesms using AT&T also.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Same here for the records, it take just a few seconds

5. twezzyfbaby thread starter macrumors regular

twezzyfbaby

Yes like 2 mins. after the time stamp. Thanks guys

6. mokeiko macrumors 6502

I get texts within 3 seconds. It could be the network as Applejuiced mentioned.

7. Ponchobot macrumors member

This happens to me all the time, mainly when i'm using a lot of data/wifi on my phone though. Like surfing Cydia, or downloading stuff from other places on my phone. That's when i typically will have delayed text messages.

8. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Mine come within a few seconds. Send yourself a text and see how long it takes to get to you. Try it with all apps closed. Then try it with a lot of apps open.

9. psycuatic macrumors newbie

I live in a place with pretty crappy reception and this happens to me all the time, before and after getting BiteSMS. You probably just don't have reception when it was first sent

10. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

So anyone ever have a delayed text from 36 hours? I just did.

On Monday, I got 2 texts from a friend. It said 1/3 and 3/3. Where did 2/2 go? No idea. 36 hours later boom, there it is. Weird.

That same day (later on that night), I was TXTing with a friend. I sent him a message...and thought the conversation was over.

The next day, (4 minutes after the 2/3 TXT came in), boom, I get 2 messages from him that were from our conversation. I know he sent them 'normally' because he asked why I didn't respond to him the next day.

I've now upgraded to 5.6 (beta) BiteSMS. Still on 4.3.1 with the Engraved Wood HD theme (maybe it's that? I installed it 2 weeks ago though...)

The "lost" TXTs were at two different locations. One at work, the other at home.

11. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Your carrier, not bite. Unless you somehow checked the box in bite for delayed texts. But even that is for sending, not receiving. In the past, I've gotten texts (maybe twice) a day later when running the stock SMS app (AT&T). To test yours, send a text to yourself and see how long it takes (should be about 5 seconds or less). Send and close your phone- immediately- to get an on-screen notification while locked.

12. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

I just did a ton of times. Its literally instantly.

But one day I got 3 (total) delayed TXTs from 2 people. Very weird.

13. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Carrier issue. Nothing you can do about that.

14. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

Ok. Good to know that it's not some weird Jailbreaking issue.