Delayed SMS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eagles2214, Dec 2, 2010.

1. eagles2214 macrumors member

Ever since I have updated to 4.2.1, every once in a while incoming texts are delayed. For example, I send a text but don't get an answer for about 15 minutes. But the time stamp of the received text says I got it about 2 minutes after I sent mine. It only happens a couple times a day but it's really annoying! Anyone else have this problem?

2. g35 macrumors 6502a

Yup, just now. Sent a text last night, didn't get a reply. Went into texts today, and the sent text progress bar at the top finished going to the end and finally sent the message from last night. Veeeery annoying.

Oh yeah, I'm still on 4.1.

edit: oh your complaint is about incoming, never mind. Mine is about outgoing.

3. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

Is the person you are texting on a different network?
    For example when my girilfriend was on Sprint and I was on AT&T this would happen frequently.
    Now we are both on AT&T and no issues.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I get that too sometimes with people from Verizon or Tmobile.
    They will come in really late or when I send them texts sometimes they wont get them at all.

5. eagles2214 thread starter macrumors member

The person who it usually happens with is on T-mobile. It's weird because it rarely happened before 4.2.1 and know it seems to happen 2-3 times daily...

6. FirePak macrumors regular

This has happened to me a few times the last week or so. My wife will text me and it takes a good 10 minutes to get it. If its a picture message its more like 15 minutes.