Delayed visual voicemail in the UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yoricardo, Nov 5, 2015.

1. yoricardo macrumors member

I am on EE in the UK and have 4 phones in the contract. The problem I have is that when someone leaves me a VM, it doesn't come through on VV for several hours. I have the problem on my phone (6s plus), on my wife's phone (6s) and on my daughter's phone (6s). Only my son doesn't have the problem and that's because he doesn't bother with Visual Voicemail.

To clarify the issue: if I dial into my VM manually, via 07953 222222, then the message is there immediately. Hence when I have a missed call from someone, I immediately dial in to retrieve the message. Ultimately of course, this is ridiculous.

When EE looked into this for me, they concluded that as my manual VM was working, therefore their end of the deal was working fine and that the problem was beyond that, ie the data between normal VM and Visual VM, which is effectively an app. EE say that the problem is with the handset.

I have to say I find this incredibly frustrating.

It has nothing to do with where I am, nor how much data is left (always lots), and I have tried resetting everything going, including a full restore.

If I have this problem on three of my phones, then there must be hundreds out there with the same issue. Has anyone worked out how to fix it?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

There server is not sending the notification out.