Delaying Leopard, Brilliant.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macsr4all, Apr 20, 2007.

1. macsr4all macrumors member

I was awaiting the new OS release as much as everyone and couldn't wait till I could recieve Leopard for free with the purchase of a new mac.

I noticed a number of people thought the same way. In anticipation of the new OS, people held out and would buy as soon as Leopard came out.

As soon as the delayed OS was made known, everyone said "screw it" and have bought, or are going to buy in the near future, the mac they had begun to want.

As a result Mac has sold an increase in computers and can expect everyone to purchase Leopard when it comes out in October.

I'm sure programers are continueing to work out the bugs in the system, but it seems convenient for Apple that Leopard took longer to develop hat it thought.

2. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

How do you know sales increased? Am I missing some figures released by Apple?! :confused:

Anyway, it may shock people to find out, but 90% of Apple buyers aren't uber-geeks like us. Most probably didn't even know a new operating system was coming out, and so the announced delay would have made no difference to their buying plan.

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Interesting analysis, and very true, based on what you and I have both heard here on MacRumors. In fact, I was one of the ones waiting for Leopard, and decided that waiting wasn't worth it - though this decision was made before the delay announcement. I'm not regretting my purchase - my new MacBook Pro is an awesome machine. :D

4. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

I certainly don't think apple execs sit around thinking about stuff like that. I'm sure it's simply a matter of them making decisions of priorities and us trying to psychoanalyze their every move.