Delete a device from iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gixxerfool, Oct 27, 2015.

1. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

my 2008 mini running snow leopard keeps throwing an error window whenever I open it. The message is to download a new version of iTunes to sync my phone. It started after I tried syncing my iPhone 6S+ to it. My best guess is there's something in iTunes telling it to sync and since it can't, it keeps throwing the error message. I've turned off auto sync and there's no backups tied to the device. I tried to plug the device in to see if it will allow any different options. None that I see. I still use this version as my server for the rest of the house. This I can't seem to get rid of.

Thanks in advance.

2. chscag macrumors 68000

The problem is Snow Leopard. You can't sync your 6s+ because you need to be running the latest version of iTunes. And you can't do that unless you upgrade OS X from Snow Leopard. Unless you upgrade, you're not going to be able to sync music, apps, photos, videos, contacts, or anything else from iTunes to your new 6s+.

3. gixxerfool thread starter macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Thanks for the reply.

That's ok since I have my El Capitan machine. That works fine. I didn't know that my new phone wouldn't sync until it was too late. The error message is the issue. For some reason it keeps thinking I'm trying to sync with. No matter how many times in click Ok it just pops back up rendering iTunes useless until I force quit it. I can only guess it is still associating the device with the machine.

4. gixxerfool thread starter macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

I'm still no closer to a solution on this. And now I have to manually open videos in QuickTime, if I try to play them in iTunes, the pop up keeps pausing the video. Pretty annoying. I was hoping someone may have some more insight.