Delete a Free Download on my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RouxBDoo, Nov 7, 2014.

1. RouxBDoo macrumors newbie

Hellllllllp, I am about ready to get an Android if I can't fix this. 4 years ago I downloaded a free iTunes compilation Christmas album. Most of it was crap. I removed all of it from my laptop and iPod. I got an iPhone 2 yrs ago and when I loaded my music on it, one of the tunes, "Above the Northern Lights" by Mannheim Steamroller, (one of their worst ever recordings) showed back up.

I cannot remove it from my phone. It doesn't have a delete-slider-thingie like the rest. I have completely removed it from my laptop, iTunes, everywhere. I then went to settings and dumped every bit of music from my iPhone. iTunes said it was empty. I checked my iTunes on my laptop, no, not there. I loaded my Christmas music on my phone and the son-of-a-bitch was back again. I have scoured forums, done everything I know (I am fairly Mac savvy and resourceful) and to no avail. Gone through everything but completely wiping my phone. I have tried everything suggested online, followed procedures being aware that synching can mess you up too. Is iCloud responsible someway? Now there is no music on my phone, except that song. There is no way to remove it. Please help

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yeah it's due to iCloud. It's definitely fixable. I can't fully answer your question now, but I'm sure someone else can and if not I'll come back later to answer, I'm just at work and no where near my personal computer/iTunes to get the steps.

But do not get rid of your iPhone, there is a solution to your problem. Just wanted to give you that hope!

3. RouxBDoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Tyler, it's driving me nuts. Such a little thing to let annoy you, but it does.