delete a section of a large Word document..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fisherking, Mar 7, 2017.

1. fisherking, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017

fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

i can't seem to figure this out (or find a solution googling). it can't be that complicated...

i don't use Office, but my biz partner does. he has a large document, and wants to delete about 197 contiguous pages.

is there a simple way to do this? i brought up the thumbnails, thought i could click the first page, hold shift... click the last page to delete, but... nada.

how do you delete a set of pages from a word document?

thanx...

2. kohlson macrumors 6502a

Without seeing the document, click the curser into the beginning of the first page you want to delete. Scroll to the bottom of the last page you want to delete. Hold the shift key and click. Press the delete key. All as you say, except for the part about the thumbnails. Is this in what I would consider a "standard view," such as Print Layout? Is the document password protected? Also, have you made a backup copy?

3. fisherking thread starter macrumors 603

fisherking

all good, i did just that. but was hoping there was a simpler method (than highlighting 197 pages of text). i can't believe this doesn't work with the thumbnails (standard mac practice; highlight a page, hold shift, click the last page... and all are highlighted); then delete.

ugh.