Delete Adobe Flash?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NativeTxn, Jul 13, 2015.

1. NativeTxn macrumors regular

Not exactly sure of the best place to post this, so please feel free to move if desired.

Just curious as to everyone's thoughts on this article (http://appleinsider.com/articles/15...nstall-adobes-flash-from-your-mac---heres-how) and the suggestion to uninstall adobe flash.

Are we to the point now, where the bulk of websites have migrated away from Flash, or would you still more than likely run into websites that require the Flash plugin (I suppose you could always reinstall if absolutely necessary to utilize a site you needed?)?

2. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

I haven't had Flash on any of my computers since 2010 and have never missed it once. Good riddance.

3. chabig macrumors 68040

Personally I passed that point about three years ago, when I uninstalled Flash from my system. I don't feel like I'm missing anything at all. For the very few backward websites that require Flash to function (and for which I cannot find suitable replacements) I open them in Chrome, which has Flash built-in.

4. brilliantthings macrumors 6502

I've installed flash now too. Will see how it goes without it.

5. SaxnFlutman macrumors member

SaxnFlutman

So what takes its place? I still see many sites where I have to unblock Flash to play audio of video files, it seems without it, they wouldn't work.

6. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Uninstall it

...And let websites know you don't want it.

For the ones that insist on not moving into the future I tweet them sometimes.

Haven't missed it myself. Outdated junk of the past.