Carrier Delete and reinstall software

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by King-Panther, Jun 4, 2015.

1. King-Panther, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015

King-Panther macrumors newbie

Hi everyone - im having an issue connecting with my wifi, and I completely deleted and reinstalled the operations system on my imac (which solved the issue) and now, I'm having the same issue with my iPhone. Restoring or updating didnt work with my imac, nor is it working with my iphone. Can any genius here - who knows their stuff - tell me how I can delete the old operating system, and install a fresh version on my iPhone - like i did on my iMac?

2. Hot12345 macrumors 6502

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Plug your phone into the computer, open iTunes and push the button marked 'Restore'?

4. King-Panther, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015

King-Panther thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, that's just restoring - I want to delete and reinstall the operating system.

5. King-Panther thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought that too, but both devices had the same issue when tethered. Also, no other Apple device, or any other device in the whole house had an issue, except these 2.

6. King-Panther thread starter macrumors newbie

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you want you can put the phone into recovery mode or DFU mode and restore from that.

8. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

You can't delete and reinstall the operating system, you can only restore the iPhone. Have you tried resetting your Network settings on your phone?