Delete any junk cydia apps?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FishBones, Jun 26, 2009.

1. FishBones macrumors newbie

After I did the jailbreak, went back into Cydia, there has tons of apps I don't know.

Since the jailbreak process has been done, can I delete all of them? Any of these should keep?

Earth icon:
    bigboss's source
    cydia community sources
    dev-team
    ispazio
    modmyi.com
    saurik's source
    ste's source
    zodttd's source

File box icon:
    Cydia installer

Smiling face icon:
    iphone firmware

Tools icon:
    ultrasn0w

Thank you for helping clean out my iphone.:p

btw: I just found already used 79.2% of system space.

2. DIABLOW macrumors member

3. KidneyMerchant macrumors member

It's not what you think- first of all, the sources don't take up much space, and the actual OS is using the same partition, so that's why you're seeing hundreds of MB in use. Before deleting anything, I suggest doing some research on what you have installed. It usually isn't worth removing anything that Cydia comes with, as it takes up very little space and won't hurt you. It's stuff YOU install that you have to be careful about.

Edit: The sources just help you download other packages, they're not apps. If you don't want to install anything (why did you jailbreak?) then you can select not to install Cydia in Redsn0w.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Why did you jailbreak ? Doesn't seem like you modded your phone at all.

Think of Cydia as a gateway to JB iPhone apps.

Unless you install an app, it isn't present on your phone.

And the sources list, as stated, don't take any measurable room, as they are just like bookmarks for internet sites.

Better off to just leave Cydia alone since you seem not to understand how it works.

The system space is a small portion of total memory, and unless you added a astronomical number of mods to your phone, the likelihood of filling it up is slim. I have a 500M partition and am using 82.5% and that doesn't concern me at all.

5. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Some of those stuff you need to keep it jailbroken. I agree that it's a lot of stuff.