delete Aperture Trial, install full version from disc

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dork420, Aug 11, 2008.

1. dork420 macrumors regular

Hello

I just received the hard version of Aperture 2.1 through my University. They told be to uninstall the trail and reload Aperture from the disc.

What will happen to my current Aperture library?
    When I install will it create a new library? Can I move my old library into it? Should I use something like appzapper to clear everything else first to avoid duplicated files?

I'm totally confused.
    Thanks

2. 66217 Guest

Just introduce the serial number. No need to re-install everything.

When opening Aperture it would give you the option to introduce the serial number.

3. OreoCookie macrumors 68030

You don't really need to reinstall anything, you just enter the license code from the version you've received.

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

If you are installing the same version of Aperture over top of the trial version all that matters is the serial number. If you are also upgrading the version then run the install program.

But always the first step before doing anything is to make sure you have at least two good backup copies of your data.

5. dork420 thread starter macrumors regular

So there is no difference between the trial and full version? My trial version is 2.1 so I should just update the serial I guess. I don't have an older version of Aperture either.
    There is no advantage to deleting and reinstalling?
    Will my library change from "trial library" to a regular library?

Thanks again to all you guys that have once again answered my questions.

6. termina3 macrumors 65816

No difference. All you need is that license number. Backup your data, then give it the license.

7. OreoCookie macrumors 68030

If I remember correctly, there are some movies on the install DVD that are supposed to help you. (I didn't need them.)