delete bootcamp partition

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Sikazzg35, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Sikazzg35 macrumors newbie

First of all, I'm a newbie to mac os and just picked up an air couple of weeks ago. Anyways, I manage to install Windows 7 by using boot camp without a problem. And then a friend had told me about VMfusion so I decided to give it a try and really like it. When I installed fusion, I direct it to use boot camp as an image. To make story short, I want to delete the boot camp partition and join it back to the lion partition. What is the easiest way of doing this? I think if I delete the boot camp partition, my fusion will no longer work since it is using boot camp right? Please advise. Thanks in advance

2. simsaladimbamba

Maybe this almost click-by-click tutorial can help:
    Images are clickable, as they need to be in thumbnail size due to their width.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4=5, 5=6, 6=7
    [​IMG]

But I don't know, if you can use Fusion afterwards. For that, you have to search further:

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:
    [​IMG]

3. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

You can still use fusion afterwards, but you have to make sure to convert the bootcamp partition into a fusion vm. It will be in your documents folder.

4. Sikazzg35 thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought that if I do the steps above, it will restore the boot camp partition to a single volume. Sorry but I'm still new to this. Can you be a little more clear?

5. simsaladimbamba

Do you mean theSeb or me?
    Have you looked at Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Documents / Virtual Machines for any VMWare Fusion document, that is 5 to 20 GB or even bigger in size?

And the procedure I embedded, is for deleting the Boot Camp partition and adding the deleted space to the Mac OS X partition.

6. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Yes, it will. The point I was making was in reply to this:

If you have not imported your bootcamp partition into a virtual machine via Fusion, then if you follow simsa...'s steps, you'll have to reinstall windows via Fusion.

I just want to confirm. When you did this it asked you if you wanted to make a VM file from your boot camp partition for better performance or did you just tell it to use bootcamp. In other words, do you currently have bootcamp and your windows 7 vm available in Fusion?

7. Sikazzg35 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just want to confirm. When you did this it asked you if you wanted to make a VM file from your boot camp partition for better performance or did you just tell it to use bootcamp. In other words, do you currently have bootcamp and your windows 7 vm available in Fusion?[/QUOTE]

Below is the screenshot from my fusion. Thank you for all the help I got so far.

Attached Files: