Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angelica22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Hello,

does anyone know how to delete duplicate cells in Excel 2008 for mac?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
To delete any cell, highlight it, Select Edit > Delete and pick the action you want. Note: if the workbook is Protected, Delete will be greyed-out.

iambasil

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
London, UK
Hello,

does anyone know how to delete duplicate cells in Excel 2008 for mac?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks
Just create a pivot table and put the data you're looking at in the row field. This will only show unique records. Overwrite the old data with it. That's the simplest way to explain given the limited info you've given.

Rush Hamden

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2011
Burbank, CA
Hi, I've been using this forum for years to get info, thank you for everyone's hard work and input. :)

This Excel 2008 issue is something that just came up for me as well, and by accident, I was able to sort a list by carrying out the following steps:

Select record range (For example, all of Column B)
Click on Menu Buttons: Data > Filter > Advanced Filter
Check "Unique Records Only" box
Hit OK
All duplicate record rows were removed.

I'm not sure if this will work every time for everyone, but I felt urged to contribute this possible solution.

God bless.

Rush.

Reactions: csototo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.