Delete e-mail without scrolling through it

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Apr 26, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Some e-mails that I see on my watch, I know I don't want to read and just want to delete straight away.

Is that possible? At the moment I'm scrolling to the end of it to get to the delete option. Which is exhausting, obviously.

2. Uccle macrumors regular

Yea, swipe to delete only works on the list of messages (not once you've "opened" the email). If the message is really long, then I'd just tap the back arrow (upper left corner), then swipe the email you wish to delete and you'll get the trash icon.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

You need to be in the actual Mail App, and not the notification "glance" to do the swipe/force click to delete. Tap on the mail icon on the upper left corner of the notification to open it up.

4. Uccle macrumors regular

Good catch!

The guy on these forums that found the apple watch completely intuitive and easy to use must not have gotten too deep into the functions ;)

5. DoctorWho Suspended

DoctorWho

Though it won't delete it, you can pull down (with your finger, crown doesn't seem to work here for some reason) from the top to dismiss emails.

6. whhs162005, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  7. Frocktar macrumors member

You can swipe left on a notification for an email to dismiss it.
    It doesn't delete it, but at least it's out of the notifications area.

8. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

I just noticed that if you scroll UP at the start of the email instead of down then in the place where on your iPhone you would normally see Refresh and the spinner you instead see Dismiss. So basically, to quickly dismiss an email notification just pull down (so that you are scrolling UP).

Edit: BTW, I did this with my finger and not the crown so not sure if you need to use finger or crown. Will check when I next get an email.

9. DoctorWho Suspended

DoctorWho

I tried with the crown, and it doesn't seem to work for some reason; it just flicks back on you (see my post above)

10. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs