delete email attachments

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by geordiejohn, Nov 10, 2010.

1. geordiejohn macrumors member

hello i am using mac osx 10.6.4 with snow leopard and i am using mail but when i get an email with a pps/jpeg/wav file i delete the email after opening and looking at it,but the other day i found loads of pps/wav/jpeg and other stuff left even after deleteing the email,does anyone know of a way that when i delete the email it clears the lot ?
    also my google chrome browser says that there is a new update but when i click on update it gives me a error 12-any ideas about this please ?
    thank you.

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

1. Have you emptied Mail's Trash folder?
    2. I'd just re-download Chrome and install it again to replace the old version.

3. geordiejohn thread starter macrumors member

i have deleted trash folder but i will keep an eye on it,i have re downloaded google but when i click on about google it says there is a new version available and when i click on update i get err 12 ?

4. geordiejohn thread starter macrumors member

google ok now,i used beta and next time i clicked on about google it said i am using the most up to date,i have deleted trash but still found img.jpg files,i might go back to thunderbird and see if that is any better.
    thank you.