Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Playgear

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Does anyone know where the Photos app keeps it's preference file?

I was entering names of new faces that Photos found in my cloud library, when I missed the autocomplete entry (i.e. named the person 'Bry' instead of 'Bryce')

Now whenever I type Br... that 'Bry' entry comes up as a suggested name along with 'Bryce'.

Can't find any way to do this within the app so resorting to editing a plist file somewhere...

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
Does anyone know where the Photos app keeps it's preference file?

I was entering names of new faces that Photos found in my cloud library, when I missed the autocomplete entry (i.e. named the person 'Bry' instead of 'Bryce')

Now whenever I type Br... that 'Bry' entry comes up as a suggested name along with 'Bryce'.

Can't find any way to do this within the app so resorting to editing a plist file somewhere...

You don't want to mess with editing the prefs file. Search for the photo you erroneously named "Bry" and then fix the name. That should eliminate "Bry" from the auto-complete suggestions.

Playgear

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
You don't want to mess with editing the prefs file. Search for the photo you erroneously named "Bry" and then fix the name. That should eliminate "Bry" from the auto-complete suggestions.

I've done that already - still offered as a suggestion.

I'm very comfortable editing the preference file.

vipuser

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
Same problem.

There is no preference files. I've found this in database files inside Iphoto library file. But I don't recommend to manually change records in internal database in library - this can lead to data inconsistencies in the database.

vipuser

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
I have another annoying issue with Photos.
I've removed some Faces running OS X 10.10.3 beta build.
Then I've made clean install of release build of 10.10.3 and run Photos app with my library.
I found Faces I've removed previously under beta build of OS X still searchable but not appearing in Faces tab.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.