Delete files inside firmware backup?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ZebraineZ, May 14, 2011.

1. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

Hi. Let's just say if you saw my previous thread about Hipstamatic you'd understand why I need to do this but anyhow.

Basically I was looking through my backups and I was looking within the folders where there are like 3520583920 different individual files and I noticed some of those files that appeared to just be generic with names with jumbled letters, when you use Quick Look you can see if it's a picture or not by the preview, if it's a picture it shows a preview of the picture.

Basically I was wondering if I were to delete any one of these files would the backup become corrupted? It's a folder so I assume there are some dynamic changes to it rather than it just being a bundle that you could look through (unless it is...), if I could do this and still keep the backup itself intact without it becoming corrupted or anything just in case I need it in the future that would be awesome, because I really want to get rid of some files/pictures that I guess stay on the phone (which then get's backed up) even if you delete them from your phone, which in this case I deleted from an application that decided to keep the whole image on the device in the file system for lord knows how long.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, I dont think you can edit backup files.