Delete iCloud (old MobileMe account)

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by gusious, Oct 17, 2011.

1. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Ok does anyone has any idea how can i delete my iCloud account? I moved there from my MobileMe account but now i want to delete it and i can't seem to find that option anywhere.

2. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

Ok i just chatted with a guy from Apple Support Online. They said it's not possible to delete an iCloud account.

Are they serious?

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Just go this section in System Prefs and sign out. Done.

[​IMG]

4. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

Did that but the thing is that all my stuff remain in my account in the cloud (emails, calendars, addressees).

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Can't you just go to iCloud.com and delete the data from there.

Or export what you want to save from iCal and Address Book and Mail.. then delete from there (with iCloud still on). Then turn off iCloud and import everything back in.

6. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

I thought of it but since my emails don't deactivate people could still be sending emails there. I know, it's weird but...

Anyway, i see lot's of people having the same issue and most of them resolve this by either ditching the new account and continue with the old or, use the old (that has many purchases) and use the new iCloud account for syncing with mail, ical and contacts.

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I guess you could just have the old account forwarded where you like so you catch any email sent there.

I agree with you, one would think there would be a way to just kill the whole account.