iPhone Delete iTunes Match Library

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by dyna5ty9, Sep 21, 2012.

1. dyna5ty9 macrumors newbie

So I got my new Iphone 5. Love it! After setting it up and installing everything I went to the music app. When I sorted through I noticed I had gaps between my songs. Basically it lists the song and have 3-5 blank rows beneath it labeled with the same song number. I googled it and discovered how to erase your itunes match library and start fresh. Figured new phone start fresh. I did the steps in itunes but now I have no music whatsoever but a list of all my songs and artist that used to be in the cloud. How do I actually start over completely. I want to be able to upload all my music all over again, maybe not all but most of it, and completely erase all previous music.

Can anyone help me out?

BTW the method I used before was to delete all my music in my library and when I do that it asked if I want to delete it in the cloud first.

2. n8ivg33k macrumors newbie

Deleting iTunes Match Library

So here is what I did, I was in the same boat as you.

1. Turn iTunes Match off, and close iTunes. Back up your existing iTunes library, then delete the current library. When you open iTunes, it should create a new library.
    2. Turn iTunes Match back on and Add Computer. This should only take a couple minutes, and then the entire iTunes Match library will show up.
    3. Select songs and delete them. You can do up to 1000 songs per round. Once you delete, go to the Store menu and Update iTunes match. you should see your total song count go down in iTunes Match pane.
    4. Keep going until no songs remain. Turn iTunes Match off. Close iTunes, move your original library back, and reopen.
    5. Turn iTunes Match back on, and let it rebuild the library. You should be good to go.

Hope that helps!
    :)