Delete key on new RMBP broken -- can it be fixed easily?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbook123, Aug 20, 2012.

1. macbook123 macrumors 68000

I just got this about a week ago and now the Delete key isn't working well anymore. It seems like it doesn't go down all the way anymore and doesn't register easily -- I have to hit it about 3 times before it registers. I really don't want to get this laptop replaced as it has a Samsung display I really like (went through two others with dead pixels before, at least one of them LG). At the same time I can't afford to have it in for repairs for a prolonged period. Is this something they can repair "on the fly" in the Apple retail stores?

2. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

take it

Take it to the store, they may just replace it in store.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It sounds like something may have gotten under the key. It may be a very simple fix.

4. No More Windows macrumors member

In any case dude, take it to an Apple store!! They are a bit NAZI-Like when it comes to working on "Your own" devices... you'd think that you don't actually buy Apple products, you only pay them lots of cash for the privilige of using them for a while!! :p Don't risk voiding your warranty, make a Genius Bar reservation and chances are that you'll end up walking out with a brand new machine, or at least an instant repair. ;) For all of Apple's many short-comings, you've got to acknoledge that customer service is certainly not one of them!! :D

5. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

As other posters said there may be something under the key. If you're feeling brave, you can pop the key off, dust it out and put it back on.

6. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

You have 14 days to Return it no question asked and get a brand new one