Delete Multiple Emails

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by slater-k, Sep 7, 2009.

1. slater-k macrumors regular

Hi,

I haven't been able to find this in a search, and surprised if i'm the only one who would like to do it ...

anyway, i don't check my emails that often on the iPhone, and so when i do, i'll have loads there that i've already read, and i often want to delete the whole lot - but i find that i have to mark each and every one for deletion ... is this really the only way to do it? Yes, according to the manual, but anyone know anything different?

Cheers

2. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

If you read your emails on your computer, then as soon as you refresh your emails on your iPhone they will be marked as "read".

If you slide over an email in the inbox, you will be able to delete without opening the actual email..

3. patthecat macrumors newbie

If you select "Edit" you can choose multiple emails to delete. Nice way to clean out the Inbox quickly.

HTH.

Thanks,
    Pat

4. slater-k thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, that's pretty cool! Thanks

5. slater-k thread starter macrumors regular

Hi Pat,
    Thanks, but you have to tap each one in turn - and if you've got something like 100 it's a bit of a pain! If you could select all it would be much easier.
    Cheers Slater