Delete " OTHER " calendar

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by crookadile, Mar 10, 2014.

1. crookadile macrumors regular

Hi guys can anyone help me.

In my calendar app I have a calendar that I want to get rid of.
    It's a UK holidays calendar that is showing in OTHER alongside my birthday calendar. Underneath the calendar it says " subscribed " but I don't have any subscribed calendars. If I click on the information icon at the side of the calendar I only get the option to change the colour. I would really like to delete it if possible so any help would be appreciated.

PS :- I don't sync calendars with iTunes.

2. f14bugsy macrumors newbie

Happened to me too... today.... after updating to iOS7.1. If I read the iOS7.1 changes correctly, it is a new feature:

"Calendar changes: The list view has returned in month view, and the update has also included country-specific holidays added for many locales;"

I'm sure you realize you can deselect your new feature (but not delete it) by unchecking that calendar in the Calendars list of the Calendar app.

3. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

4. crookadile thread starter macrumors regular

Yes mine appeared after updating to iOS7.1.
    I now realise its a new feature and have unchecked it so that it doesn't show.
    I already had a UK Holidays calendar and didn't need two. In fact my subscribed one is better than the one Apple have added.