Delete Photos app or permanently disable auto-launch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by saikyan, Dec 9, 2015.

1. saikyan macrumors newbie

This app is driving me nuts on my iOS admin machine. Every time I connect an iPhone or iPad to deploy with Configurator, the Photos app launches. Unchecking the auto launch option only applies to individual devices, making it useless. I'd love to just delete this stupid app forever. Any ideas?

2. posguy99 macrumors 6502

3. rainbowizard macrumors newbie

Next time you plug in your iPhone or iPad, open up Image Capture, select your device, and at the bottom of the left column there is a upward triangle, click on that and it will give you a choice (including "no application" or other applications) of what to do when you plug in.

4. chabig macrumors 68040

5. saikyan thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately this applies only to the currently connected device. I'm using this Mac to mass deploy iOS devices on Apple Configurator, so I am constantly plugging in different devices. I had to deploy 80 iPhones in two weeks and every time I connected one the Photos app launches front-and-center. It's really annoying when you have a lot of work to do. Should be a no brainer solution... Just delete the app. But that's forbidden. I bet it can be done in the terminal but I lack the expertise.

6. Fuchal macrumors 68020

7. saikyan thread starter macrumors newbie