Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
any tweak to delete photos for good when you delete them? i find the 'recently deleted" folder to be a major nuisance. i delete pics, then open THAT folder...and delete again.

i trust myself; if i trash a picture, i want it gone.. :D

just wondering if anyone else feels this, and if there's an app to delete the deleted...

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Its kinda like a recycle bin.
Cause I guess many people have been accidentally deleting pics and wanted a way to restore/recover them back.
I see where you're coming from but I had some issues with my kids going in the photo albums and start deleting everything.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
apple should give us the option to 'instantly delete' pictures. i know if i trash an image, it's because i'm done with it; i don't need a month to reconsider. if i'm willing to take the responsibility of deleting a photo, i should be able to do so.

i delete pictures that i don't want; i imagine lots of people take bad selfies, nude shots, drunk shots...whatever, then HAVE to go in and delete the deleted pics.

annoying not to at least have options...

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
apple should give us the option to 'instantly delete' pictures. i know if i trash an image, it's because i'm done with it; i don't need a month to reconsider. if i'm willing to take the responsibility of deleting a photo, i should be able to do so.

i delete pictures that i don't want; i imagine lots of people take bad selfies, nude shots, drunk shots...whatever, then HAVE to go in and delete the deleted pics.

annoying not to at least have options...

Agreed. The most I'd want is a 1-2 day recycle folder, just in case I delete something by accident. Definitely don't need it to last more than a week. If I haven't realized within a day or two I really don't want the picture...

is there a tweak for this? anyone?

I'd be interested in this too

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
norecentlydeleted

but...doesn't work (yet). took a pic, deleted, and...it's in the deleted folder. rebooted my phone, same thing.:(

will keep an eye on it. if anyone else tries it, let us know if it works for you...

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
seems to work if: you go to photos, delete the picture.

IF i go straight from the camera to the photo, it does NOT seem to delete. will let the developer know...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.