Delete photos from computer without deleting them from ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by genstar, Dec 25, 2009.

1. genstar macrumors newbie

hey. I want to delete photos from my computer, but I want them to stay in the ipod touch. But everytime I delete a picture from my computer and then sync my ipod, the pictures get deleted from the ipod as well. How do I take all the pictures out of my computer but keep them in the ipod everytime I sync?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

You need to set up to not sync photos. IIRC, this is an option for the device in iTunes. However, if you keep the photos only on the Touch, it's hard to get them back on the computer.

3. genstar thread starter macrumors newbie

in addition to deleting the photos from the computer while keeping them in the itouch, is there a way to also add new photos into the itouch?

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Send the photo to yourself as an email attachment and then Touch & Hold to save the photo. It's saved in a different place than synced photos. That's also the same technique that I've had to use to get photos taken with my iPhone onto my Touch and PC. (I use Gmail for this.)

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Just an FYI - in case you hadn't figured it out yet, the Touch doesn't save the picture at full resolution. So the pictures on your computer are probably the files you want to keep.

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

7. genstar thread starter macrumors newbie