Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
I can't seem to delete the pics/videos off my phone!
I'm at 9 gigs of pics and videos and I saved them in a seperate folder already on my iMac but everytime I sync my phone no matter what options I choose they still remain on my phone.

Frustrated

no.dam.spam

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2010
Stupid Iphone software

I just spent 2 hours trying todeelete the phot's ofr my phone but no luck :mad: as for Apple support there is none..:confused:

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
iTunes > iPhone > Photos Tab > either uncheck sync photos or pick and choose which albums to sync.

The only photos you can delete from the Photos app are the ones from the Camera Roll. All others can only be removed by changing the sync options in the Photos tab.

I have an iPhone album I made in iPhoto and I only sync it.

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
iTunes > iPhone > Photos Tab > either uncheck sync photos or pick and choose which albums to sync.

The only photos you can delete from the Photos app are the ones from the Camera Roll. All others can only be removed by changing the sync options in the Photos tab.

I have an iPhone album I made in iPhoto and I only sync it.

See I have done that and its still on there lol

I have in iPhoto a folder that they are backed into as well.
I then re-sync my phone and uncheck the photo libraries and bam... still there...

There has got to be a way other then deleting them photo by photo to get rid of them....

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
See I have done that and its still on there lol

I have in iPhoto a folder that they are backed into as well.
I then re-sync my phone and uncheck the photo libraries and bam... still there...

There has got to be a way other then deleting them photo by photo to get rid of them....
That's odd. If you haven't already. I'd start checking Google while waiting on someone that might know.

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
Any luck with this? I have the same problem. I have deleted a lot of photos and they r gone from the camera roll and some stay in the other folders. My phone is working so slow bc all gbs the photos are taking.

kmitche502

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2011
Get photo albums off of iphone

-Hook your phone up to your itunes
-select your device
-select the photos tab
-click the box that says "sync photos from"
-on the drop down menu check "choose folder"
-in the box that pops up select "new folder"
-make a new folder with no contents and hit "choose" button
-hit "apply".......then all you will have left is your camera roll once sync is complete
:)

johughes72

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2011
Cheshire, UK
This worked for me!!

I tried the reply from kmitche502 but it wouldn't let me open a new folder, as it said READ ONLY etc.

Go to ITUNES, select SYNC PHOTOS from IPHONE

Select 'SELECTED ALBUMS EVENTS AND FACES and AUTOMATICALLY INCLUDE' -then select NO EVENTS (also make sure you don't have ANY albums faces or events ticked)

This will then remove all your albums and just leave your camera roll.

msronique

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2011
This absolutely worked for me!

-Hook your phone up to your itunes
-select your device
-select the photos tab
-click the box that says "sync photos from"
-on the drop down menu check "choose folder"
-in the box that pops up select "new folder"
-make a new folder with no contents and hit "choose" button
-hit "apply".......then all you will have left is your camera roll once sync is complete

I had been trying everything for about an hour! This worked

zippyprincess

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2012
deleting photos and movies off of iPhone

You can delete everything on the iPhone by going into iPhoto. The iPhone will appear if it is connected to the computer. Good luck!

chadrob30

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
In front of my Mac.
When you plug the phone in to your iMac do you have an app called Image Capture that opens up? If not, open it up and you will be able to see your phone and all of it's photos and videos there, which you can then delete.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Open the Photos you want to delete on your iPhone in the Photos App. Tap on the little Trash can icon. Confirm that you want to delete. Seems simple enough to me.

You do know that this is an old, old post from 2010 ? OP has figured this out some time ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.