Delete Photo's

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zujo, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Zujo macrumors newbie

There seems to be no built in way to delete photo's from within the photo library (correct me if I am wrong please), but there has got to be some way to get this done. Some app I can download or something? I can't find anything in the App store or via Google.

Thanks

2. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Photos that were sync on can only be removed with a sync

3. Zujo thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya, factory made. There has to be some App that can do it though. Or somebody should be able to make one in half a day.

4. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Only images you saved or imported can be deleted like the iPhone camera roll. Yeah the others have to be removed via sync.

5. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Yea I ran into the same thing and its pretty lame that you can't delete them from within the Photo app.

6. Zujo thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok well assuming there is no App even that can do it - I don't even see how to do it via syncing. I don't have a Photos icon showing up under iPad in iTunes. And when I sync a new folder of photo's it erases the old one. So it appears the only way to delete (or add) photo's is to nest all of the folders together and re-sync all of them every single time. Quite the hassle if you just want to add one or two images, no? Is this really the simplest method they could come up with?

Going on a half hour now for my latest sync...

7. bluehaze013 macrumors 6502

Yep it's pretty stupid there's no way to delete photos. I haven't figured out hownto remove them thru iTunes either. Only way seems to be to delete them from the folder on your computer but I don't want to do that I want to keep the photos on my desktop machine I just don't want them on my iPad. Only thing I can figure is to copy all the photos to a duplicate folder then remove the ones you don't want from the duplicate folder which is totally asinine to have to keep 2 folders of duplicate pictures just because you don't want a few on the iPad.

8. flynz4 macrumors 68040

s
    This is an area where Aperture 3 really shines. The last thing that I want is to have all my pics on the iPad... it would be boring to look at. With A3, I load all of my work into "projects"... and then rate them, sort them, cull them, and I create albums with selected photos from the various projects. Albums are very light weight... and take up almost zero space.

Then, I set up my iPad to auto sync with my albums. I get just the pictures that I want on my iPad... and I manage it all through Aperture 3, which is a stellar application.

A3 is not for everyone... but you do not have to be a professional photographer to get value from it. Even as an enthusiastic amateur, I am loving it. It is almost reason enough to switch from a PC to a Mac.

/Jim

9. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

Its the same on the iPhone, which is a pain in the arse

10. Zujo thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds cool but iPhoto and Photoshop are fine programs as well, I just hate uploading my photos to my iMac and manipulating them for some reason. I'm loving adding them to the iPad though and flipping through them to find the good ones. If I could just one-click remove the crap my life would be so much easier.

I've been using an app called Photogene today that I think is going to be my Photoshop replacement. With an iPad SD card sync adaptor and a deletion app I could possibly never use my iMac for photos again.

11. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Your workflow is really different than mine. I prefer to do all of my photo organization on the 27" iMac... as it has sufficient real estate for my needs. For example, it is powerful to do side by side photo comparison. I primarily use the iPad for content consumption, but not for content creation.

/Jim

12. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

/grammar skool

Question: can photos be (re)organized on the iPad? moved from one stack to another, new stacks created, etc? AND, if yes, would that then sync back to iPhoto on your mac?

13. samcraig macrumors P6

no, Anthony. Unfortunately - they are placed on the iPad and you can view them in a few ways (slideshow, individually, etc) But you cannot manipulate order, folders, or anything

14. glxyjones macrumors regular

glxyjones

Yes, IMO this is a huge oversight by Apple. There is no reason to prevent people from deleting photos on the iPad that are synced. Not only that but I would really like to have the ability to drag and drop (or select individual photos for syncing instead of albums) photos to the iPad like you can with music on the iPhone. Then, when the photos are on the iPad, I would like to create new albums and place different pictures in them on the actual iPad.

I really hope Apple fixes this in the future as camera/iPad/mbp photo syncing was a huge plus for me.

15. iLiveUdie macrumors regular

There will be a 3rd party app soon!

The dev team is here to help fix the screw ups apple makes :D

16. talkingnewmedia macrumors regular

talkingnewmedia

????? What's that trash can for then?

17. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Yes it is very

18. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

Or maybe Geohot will do it before them.

19. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I thought the iPad was supposed to give us that "magical" experience.
    It would be magical if I could make pictures I don't want disappear.

Since Steve finally gave dev's access to pictures and video, hopefully we see some good apps to manage them soon.

20. Zujo thread starter macrumors newbie

This is the authority page in Google - get with the program developers!!

21. RunOverProducti macrumors regular

You can delete pictures from your album, open your album and hit the arrow on the top right corner....you can select multiple pictures to email or be deleted.

22. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Just wanted to highlight this answer in case someone missed it among all the grammar lessons. Anyone else try this? :cool:

23. RunOverProducti macrumors regular

Thanks, I also made a quick video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRmGd5NNSG0

24. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

25. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

developers cant do anything like this. maybe a jb app but not an appstore app.