Delete pic albums from iphone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sherrah, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Sherrah macrumors newbie

My phone is full. After syncing phone to computer to save all pics, I deleted those i no longer wanted in phone "camera roll" ...only to discover everything on my computer was copied back into "pictures" and "photo library" albums on phone. How can I delete these unwanted albums or empty them without losing the pics from my computer? Surely it is not impossible as some internet discussions say. Nor "should" it be complicated. Anyone know how? Super simple instructions preferred if possible ;)

2. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

To transfer photos from the phone to the computer you don't use iTunes. Following are instructions for that: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4083

When you use iTunes to sync photos, it only transfers photos from the computer to the phone. Each time you do it, it sets the non-Camera Roll photos on the phone to match the current settings on the Photos page of iTunes (The Photos page is available when the phone is connected to iTunes on the computer). It won't delete any photos on the computer. If you want to delete previously synced photos from the phone, just use iTunes and sync again but change the selection of which photos you want to sync or if you want all of the non-Camera Roll photos removed from the phone, remove the check mark in front of "Sync Photos From" on the photos page in iTunes.