delete picture aperture

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by McDuck4, Jul 29, 2012.

1. McDuck4 macrumors newbie

Hello Everybody.

I can see that there is a couple of threads with this subject, but im going crazy because i cannot find a solution to my problem. Hope you can help me:)

I have imported a lot of pictures to different projects in Aperture 3.0. When i want to delete a picture, i does not delete on the disk. Here is how i do:

1: Click on the thumnail
    2: File-> Delete original images and all versions
    3: Delete Trash.

But the picture is still on the disk. Is there someone who can help me with this problem? So my question is: When i delete a picture in Aperture, how can i get Aperture to delete the picture on the disk also?

Best Regards
    Mads

2. netslacker macrumors 6502

Are you sure the file you're looking at on the disk is even managed by Aperture? Is your library "managed" or "referenced?" If you have a managed library then it likely is deleting it (from within the Aperture library).

If you import from disk into a "managed" library the file is copied into the Aperture library. The original file is left where it is. So, if you're in aperture and delete a file it deletes the one that is in its own library - the one managed by Aperture. If you want to delete the other file you have to use Finder.

3. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

very interesting…making two copies mean wasting space on HDD/SSD!