DELETE pictures from iphoto AND HDD??? help plz

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Lord.Nick.Unwin, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Lord.Nick.Unwin macrumors newbie

Hey,

I have looked ALL over the internet for nearly 2hrs now and cant find out how to do this.

I dont want to waist space on my HDD so i went into the iphoto settings, under advanced settings i unchecked "copy items into iPhoto library" so now when i import them into iphoto is leaves them in the finder folder and doesnt copy them.

Then when i want to scroll threw the pictures and delete the ones i dont want (to save HDD space) i click the photos button under the library section in the top left. Scroll through and delete the pictures i dont want, then i empty the iphoto trash. but when i go back to the finder location where the photos are, the ones i have delete are still there!! how can i get it to delete the images in finder so they no longer exist on my computer????

Thanks for your help. I am loosing my MIND trying to get this SIMPLE task going

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It doesn't work that way.

Either iPhoto manages the files, or it doesn't. When you unchecked the box, you told iPhoto that you will handle the files, so if you want to delete something, you'll have to delete it in both places.